10 Apr Gold Rush – The 2016 Ngoma Awards
You know how 2016 was considered a bad year? And how 13 is considered an unlucky number?
Shift that perception.
Once again Shift Engage proved that Purpose Built Creative (and lots of hard work) is the lucky charm you need to be successful in the exciting world of marketing communications. Consistently using lateral thinking to work towards delivering clear, single-minded messages in innovative ways is what got Shift Engage 21 Ngoma Awards (incl. 13 Gold) this year.
Despite challenges, the Zimbabwean ad industry is certainly ripe for strong wave of fresh, innovative creative work. Awards of this nature, while not the end goal for any agency (we hope) are necessary to fuel the desire to create stand-out iconic work. It’s an opportunity to come together, assess ‘where we’re at’, and direct where we need to go. Serious stuff aside now – for the most part, we all act like it’s the Hunger Games, so awards night is a great time to play dress up, gather and interact with like-minded creatives, albeit for a short time.
It wasn’t all obvious. Take for instance, this website (yup, the one you’re looking at right now) won best website. We were particularly pleased about that. What truly made us happy though, was seeing our clients totally elated on the night.
The awards we won reflect the amazing relationship we are privileged to enjoy with our various clients. They dedicate hours coming up with the products and services to serve the market in a severely depressed economy, and still see the need to advertise. We even have clients like Swift Transport who always make an effort to give back to the community, despite any challenges. That’s where the real applause needs to go.
Work hard in silence. Let the success make the noise.
In essence, the real win is that Lobels Biscuits & Sweets, Linden Hope Interiors, Cimas (iGO), Colcom Foods, Rudland and George, and Swift Transport all trusted us with their brands, their identities and legacies and their vision (yes, yes and their budgets) to deliver the best strategies and work possible.
We’ll drum to that!
ICYMI, the awards we received on Saturday, 8 April 2017:
- The MAZ Award for logo design – iGO
- The Meet the Challenge Award for Packaging – Suncrest Chicken Bags
- The Standard Award for Posters – Colcom Xmas
- The Herald Award for Print – iGO Go Go Go!
- The ZAAPA Award for Direct Mail – iGO Starter Pack
- The ZBC Award for Animation – Colcom Xmas
- The Empire Services Award for Community Service – Kickback Orphans
- The ZOL Award for Websites – Cimas
- The MAZ Award for Logo Design – Linden Hope
- The MAZ Award for Corporate Identity – Linden Hope
- The Meet the Challenge Award for Packaging – Lobels Cookie Tin
- The Fingaz Award for Corporate Literature – iGO Magazine
- The NewsDay Award for Print Retail – Lobels Hoza
- The ZAAPA Award for Direct Mail – iGO
- The JC Decaux Award for Outdoor – Lobels Alien
- The BH24 Award for Social Media – Lobels Kreamies
- The ZOL Award for Websites – Shift Engage
- The South African Airways Awards for Digital Media – Lobels Kreamies
- The Solution Centre Award for Craft – RG (Photography)
- The Cresta Lodge Award for CDF Ad of the Year – Colcom Xmas
Last but certainly not least, Le Grand Prix
- The MultiChoice Feel Every Moment Award for Campaign of the Year – iGO